Pappaforumet

... for moderne fedre som er til stede og tar ansvar
FAR OG BARN er pappamagasinet for ekte mannfolk som er til stede og tar ansvar for sine barn. Det maskuline motstykket til de rosa mammabladene. Vi tar menn og papparollen å alvor! Bestill et årsabonnement i dag for kun kr. 295 + porto/eksp. (kr 84). Den perfekte farsdagsgave! http://bestill.farogbarn.no
Dato/klokkeslett: Lør Sep 23, 2017 7:18 am

Tidssone UTC

Opprett et nytt emne Svar på emnet  [ 1 innlegg ] 
Forfatter Melding
 Innleggets emne: up. Perrantes scored 12 first-half p
InnleggSkrevet: Lør Mar 25, 2017 6:42 am 
Avlogget

The Baltimore Ravens looked to Canada on the final day of the NFL draft. Cliff Pennington Angels Jersey . The Ravens selected Virginia defensive lineman Brent Urban, a six-foot-seven, 295-pound native of Mississauga, Ont., in the fourth round, No. 134 overall, Saturday. Then in the fifth round, Baltimore took Winnipeg native John Urschel, an offensive lineman at Penn State, at No. 175 overall. A third Canadian, Notre Dame receiver T.J. Jones -- another Winnipeg native -- was taken in the sixth round, No, 189 overall, by the Detroit Lions. Defence was Baltimores emphasis early in the draft, taking Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley in the first round Thursday night before selecting Florida State defensive lineman Timmy Jernigan in the second round Friday night. And on Saturday, the Ravens opted for Florida State safety Terrence Brooks with their first third-round pick before selecting Colorado State tight end Crockett Gillmore with their second pick in the third. Ravens coach John Harbaugh was surprised that Urban was still available in the fourth round. "Hes a guy when I first watched him thought second round at the latest," Harbaugh told the NFL Network. "Hes had a couple of injuries and things like that but you talk to this young man and hes a great guy. "Hes a hard worker, big, strong. He fits our defence. This guy is a guy who fits our scheme perfectly, a big, strong guy who fell to us so we couldnt be more happy with him." NFL draft guru Mike Mayock agreed. "Not only do I like the pick but he fits exactly what they do," he said. "The five technique is probably his best position, a 3-4 defensive end in a 3-4 defence. "I think hes a big, strong kid. Hes stout. In addition to playing that five technique, he could probably move inside also. So I like him and I think theres some significant upside there." Urban, 23, started eight games at defensive tackle with Virginia last year before suffering a severe high ankle sprain but still led all NCAA Division 1 defensive linemen with nine pass knockdowns. He was invited to the Senior Bowl but couldnt play in the game due to injury. Not surprisingly, Urban has been compared to Houston Texans star J.J. Watt, one of the NFLs top defensive lineman, and came into the draft projected as a defensive end in a 3-4 scheme -- three defensive linemen, four linebackers. Urban was selected in the second round of last years CFL draft by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats but elected to return to school. This marks the second straight year the Ticats have lost a highly touted defensive lineman to the NFL. Hamilton took Calgary Dinos defensive lineman Linden Gaydosh first overall in the 2013 CFL draft but the native of Peace River, Alta., signed with the Carolina Panthers as a free agent and spent all of last season on injured reserve after undergoing back surgery. A converted hockey player -- he played AAA as a bantam in Mississauga -- Urban took up football his first year of high school at Lorne Park Secondary School before deciding to concentrate full-time on the sport. After high school, he attended Virginia and redshirted as a freshman. He served as a backup defensive end for two seasons before starting at tackle in 2012. Last season, Urban recorded 13 solo tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss and a sack. He was invited to this years Senior Bowl but was limited to just two practices because of his right ankle sprain. The major knock against Urban heading into the draft has been injuries. Urban underwent surgery in February and didnt participate in the NFL combine, where the top draft prospects undergo testing under the watchful eye of league coaches, GMs and scouts. Urban expects to be ready to participate in training camp come July. After being redshirted, Urban suffered a torn left ACL that limited him to just three games in 2010. He appeared in all 13 games in 2011, recording 15 tackles and 2.5 tackles for a loss but did undergo wrist surgery after the season. Urban started all 12 games at defensive end in 12, registering 20 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks with a fumble return for a TD. The six-foot-three, 313-pound Urschel was born in Manitoba but played football at Canisuis High School in Buffalo, N.Y. He was a team captain at Penn State and earned all-Big 10 honours his final two seasons there and was one of 15 offensive guards invited to the 14 NFL combine but could also play centre as a pro. But he is much more than just a football player. He earned a masters degree in math and received the Campbell Trophy as U.S. college footballs top football scholar athlete. The six-foot, 195-pound Jones had his most productive season at Notre Dame in 2013 with 70 receptions for 1,108 yards and nine touchdowns. And he heads to the NFL with a definite pro pedigree. Jones late father, Andre, was a defensive end at Notre Dame who also played for the CFLs Winnipeg Blue Bombers while his uncle, Philip Daniels, is a former former NFL defensive lineman who played for Seattle, Chicago and Washington over 14 NFL seasons whos currently Washingtons director of player development. Also, his godfather is former Notre Dame flanker Raghib (Rocket) Ismail, who helped the Toronto Argonauts win the Grey Cup in 1991. Jones was born in Winnipeg before moving to Georgia, where he attended high school. As a true freshman in 2010, he started seven of 12 games with Notre Dame and had 23 catches for 306 yards and three TDs. Martin Maldonado Jersey .J. Ellis hit an RBI single in the ninth inning, Hanley Ramirez hit a tape-measure, three-run homer in the first against Cliff Lee and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-3 on Saturday night. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Martin Maldonado Jersey . The third-ranked Buckeyes were down eight points to Notre Dame with less than 2 minutes to play and their offence was nowhere to be found. http://www.baseballangelsproshop.com/andrelton-simmons-angels-jersey/ .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday.COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- As the final seconds of regulation ticked off the clock, the sellout crowd was poised to storm the court to celebrate an upset victory in Marylands final regular season game in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Disappointment ensued. No. 5 Virginia forced overtime, forcing the fans back to their seats to see if the Terrapins could rebound from the letdown to pull off an upset against the best team in the league. And that is precisely what happened. Maryland closed out its 61st and final ACC regular season in stunning fashion, outlasting the Cavaliers 75-69 in overtime Sunday to end Virginias 13-game winning streak. "Today wasnt just an ordinary game. It was a lot of things," Terrapins coach Mark Turgeon said. "We always play for Maryland, but today we played for former players, former coaches, all our fans." After blowing a seemingly secure lead in the closing seconds of regulation, the Terps (17-14, 9-9 ACC) never trailed in the extra session in front of an emotional crowd of 17,950 at the schools final home basketball game in a conference it joined as a charter member in 1953. When the final buzzer sounded, thousands of fans raced onto the court to celebrate another unforgettable ACC memory at the expense of one of its biggest rivals. Anthony Gill scored 15 points and London Perrantes had 14 for Virginia (25-6, 16-2), which had already clinched the regular season title and was vying to set an ACC record for most league wins during the regular season. "Not that we felt were invincible, but now we know we arent," coach Tony Bennett said. "So now we address it, and now we get after it." What hurt the most it that Maryland shot 48 per cent and scored 32 points in the paint against the nations top-ranked defence. "I was surprised how our defence didnt execute like we should have down the stretch," Gill said. "We are a defensive team, but we made it too easy for them. Theyre a good team, but we just slipped up." Seth Allen scored five of his 20 points in overtime and Dez Wells finished with 18 for the Terrapins, who will play in the Big Ten next season. Maryland had lost six straight to Virginia, including a 61-53 decision in February that was part of the Cavaliers school-record winning streak against ACC competition. This game, however, was unlike any that preceded it. "The crowd was lively and thats what our guys got to understand, that youre getting teams best shots," Bennett said. Huston Street Angels Jersey. "I dont know if all that mattered. It was just a team that outplayed us. The crowd was great for them, the atmosphere was great. But we did get it to overtime and they answered the bell." The end of regulation was a horror show for Maryland. After Jake Layman made two free throws with 4.1 seconds left to put the Terrapins ahead 64-61, Maryland quickly fouled. Malcolm Brogdon made the first free throw and intentionally missed the second before the Terrapins swatted the ball out of bounds with 1.7 seconds to go. Gill caught the inbounds pass in the lane and dropped in an uncontested jumper to force overtime. "Our guys were down. I was down," Turgeon said. "I said, Lets make this the best five minutes of the year. They didnt believe me the first time I said it. But I said it 15 times during the timeout." Overtime began with Allen making two straight layups for a 68-64 lead. The guard then blocked a shot before adding a free throw. The Cavaliers used a layup by Gill to close to 71-69 with 1:13 left, but they would not score again. Despite the loss, Virginia will head into the ACC tournament as a top seed for only the second time. "I feel like we just need to get back in practice and just get back to what we know -- and thats defence and not letting people penetrate," Gill said. Maryland opened the second half with an 11-2 run, turning a one-point deficit into a 45-37 lead. After Wells made two free throws, Perrantes answered with a foul-line jumper. Wells then made a basket and added two foul shots before Allen popped a 3-pointer and Shaquille Cleare added a layup. The teams combined for only two field goals over the next 5 minutes, but Virginia made five free throws during that span to close to 47-44 with 11:34 left. Minutes later, Joe Harris hit a 3-pointer to end a 6-0 spree that put the Cavaliers in front 52-51 with 8:30 to play. Maryland went ahead 62-58 with 2:39 remaining but could not make the lead stand up. Perrantes scored 12 first-half points on four 3-pointers, including one in the closing seconds that put the Cavaliers ahead 35-34. As an expression of gratitude to the lone senior on the squad, Turgeon started seldom-used forward John Auslander, who missed his only shot before being replaced with just under 4 minutes elapsed. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Rapporter dette innlegget
Topp
 Profil Send en e-post  
Svar med sitat  
Vis innlegg fra forrige:  Sorter etter  
Opprett et nytt emne Svar på emnet  [ 1 innlegg ] 

Tidssone UTC

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 2 gjester

Du kan opprette nye emner i dette forumet
Du kan skrive innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke redigere dine egne innlegg i dette forumet